Area Coordinator – Civic Engagement
Posted on November 10, 2022
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Area Coordinator – CE, to be recruited for its new project titled, Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) (January 2022 to December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project and will remain reportable to the Cluster Coordinator- CE.
Responsibilities• Plan and coordinate implementation of civic engagement programme for the assigned area (at district/upazila level) and working closely with Committees of Concerned Citizens’ (CCC) and Youth Engagement and Support (YES) groups involved with TIB on voluntary basis;
• Mobilize and coordinate with CCC and YES in transformation of on-going civic engagement programing in line with goals and objectives of relevant project;
• Undertake stakeholder mapping to form the Active Citizens’ Groups (ACG) and where
needed, CCC/YES and mobilize ACGs in respective area to conduct regular community monitoring;
• Facilitate community monitoring by ACGs to identify governance gaps/challenges to engage for corrective action in selected sectors, namely, social protection, health, education, land, environment, and construction with the specialized digital tool or Apps;
• Provide/organize/facilitate trainings for selected YES/ACG members on the use of Apps;
• Facilitate monthly Community Action meetings with ACG to assess progress and engage relevant authorities to initiate change;
• Organize coordination meetings of core actors (CCC-YES-ACG) and maintain regular and effective contact to facilitate proper implementation of project activities including involvement of general people in the respective area;
• Undertake institution mapping at the local level to capture in detail locations where public services are delivered at the district/sub district levels;
• Ensure effective coordination and communication with various stakeholders including the relevant authorities in selected sectors and beyond, local media, NGOs, CBOs, CSOs, professionals, youth fora/groups, community clubs, local women’s groups, etc.;
• Represent TIB at local level NGO coordination initiatives by relevant government authorities or other stakeholders and maintain positive and constructive relationships;
• Facilitate and cooperate with the work of random monitors and integrate the risks/issues identified by them in the local level advocacy plan;
• Organize trainings/orientations for CCC/YES/ACG on anti-corruption social movement,
• National Integrity Strategy (NIS), SDGs, human rights, gender issues including safeguarding against harassment and bullying among others, as and when needed and/or appropriate;
• Maintain regular communication with local level service delivery institutions and
explore and utilise scope for evidence based-advocacy with them;
• Prepare periodic plans of work, review and progress reports, and compile good practice documentation in both Bangla and English;
• Ensure regular and updated documentation and produce reports in line with project
monitoring and learning;
• Coordinate and manage visits by evaluation missions and development partners;
• Handle and maintain day to day petty cash and accounts in respective area;
• Follow up on audit observations/recommendations and reports regarding the performance of CCCs and assist to minimize the observations and performance deviations;
• Perform any other duties as and when necessary as assigned by the management.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s degree, preferably in a Social Science or any other subject
relevant to governance and development;
• Candidates with a 3rd Division/Class or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 and 3 on a scale of 5 at any stage of academic life need not apply.
Other Qualification• Basic knowledge on transparent and accountable financial management, especially in handling day to day finance and accounting;
• Experience in using app-based monitoring will be given preference;
• Knowledge of using different social accountability tools with particular relevance to corruption prevention, and experience in conducting evidence-based advocacy with local level authorities will have advantage.
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Sound computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PPT etc.;
• Proficiency in English and Bangla, both written and spoken;
• Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience, of which 2 years as head/in- charge of designing, planning and implementing campaigns at the local level, especially to mobilize and engage citizens/youth groups;
• Experience in an anti-corruption organization will be an added advantage.
Additional salary Info
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 26 Nov 2022
- Full time
- 4 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.