Assistant Coordinator (Event & Advocacy Communication)
Posted on November 10, 2022
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Assistant Coordinator (Event & Advocacy Communication), to be recruited for its new project titled, Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) (January 2022 to December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project and will remain reportable to the Coordinator – Outreach and Communication.
Responsibilities• Design, implement and monitor outreach and communication activities such as, youth engagement programmes including but not limited to debates and cartoon competitions, press conferences, roundtable discussions, seminars, Investigative Journalism Awards, and trainings.
• Disseminate research reports, policy papers/briefs and relevant advocacy and communication materials to key stakeholders like, ministries, government/ autonomous bodies, etc.
• Liaise with the Cabinet division, Anti-Corruption Commission, Information Commission, and other relevant government bodies/ organizations to implement regular campaign plans and joint initiatives.
• Establish communication links with key policymakers/with their offices to organize advocacy meetings, consultations, etc.
• Develop, manage, and update a resource pool of experts and media list for various activities.
• Plan and implement the celebration and campaign strategy for various national level events, e.g., IACD, IWD, IMLD, IYD etc.
• Manage networking and partnership activities. Explore avenues to foster strategic partnership with authorities/ entities/ organizations, etc.
• Collaborate with audio visual and graphics team members to develop data driven video/ contents/ IEC materials and promote advocacy success stories.
• Prepare periodic plans of work, monitor the budget and expenses of programme events/activities and draft periodic reports (Donor/ NGOAB/IC/SDG etc.).
• Provide support to administrative and logistical activities of the division.
• Perform any other task(s) assigned by the organisation.
Academic Qualification• A Master’s degree with Honours in Mass communication & Journalism, Development Studies, English, International Relations, Social Sciences, or any other relevant field from a recognised university with minimum second Class/Division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
Other Qualification• Outstanding written communication and presentation skills with special attention to detail, accuracy, and audience.
• Strong time management with ability to prioritise complex and at times competing goals.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint); Google applications (Gmail, Hangout, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms); and Adobe applications (Acrobat Pro).
• Ability to conduct research, analyse, and summarise findings.
• Ability to exercise restraint and discretion in matters that are confidential or otherwise sensitive.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with enthusiasm and self-motivation to meet the needs of the division.
• Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Experience in engaging with and maintaining relationship with elected officials, key stakeholders, community leaders and progressive coalitions.
• Experience in managing campaigns and programme budgets.
• Understanding of or experience in engaging in the legislative process shall be an added advantage.
• Experience in engaging in issue-based advocacy engaging people living in poverty and exclusion, ethnic minorities, or language minorities and grassroots lobbying shall be an added advantage.
• Ability to work in a team and openness to constructive feedback.
• Experience working remotely with other teams across the organisation.
• Skills of public speaking and on-the-record.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends, as required to cover assignments.
• Self-motivation and orientation towards set goals, demonstrating accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment, and to address/solve problems creatively and jointly, as appropriate.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in development organisation/NGO/ not-for profit/media.
Additional salary Info
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 26 Nov 2022
- Full time
- 4 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.