Deputy Coordinator: Photography/Videography (O&C)
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator: Photography/Videography – Outreach and Communication, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project, and will remain reportable to the Coordinator – Outreach and Communication.
Responsibilities1. Execute a variety of photography and videography assignments, including on-location, studio, portrait, and event shoots.
2. Handle assignments requiring special lighting, multiple locations, creativity, special audio needs, custom graphics, and animation.
3. Demonstrate videography and photography success in a variety of platforms.
4. Approach each assignment with a visual story in mind, remaining consistent with the organisational brand.
5. Conceive and develop creative solutions for addressing organizational initiatives and strategic goals through audiovisual assets.
6. Scout shoot locations and assess possible obstacles in filming and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
7. Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders including service recipients and authorities and ensure that valuable sound bites are captured.
8. Upload photos and video footage and organize and maintain a comprehensive photo/video library on programme events/activities.
9. Edit photos and videos by applying necessary skills and knowledge in terms of lighting, composition, use of Adobe Creative Suite and FCPX or Premier Pro C editing software.
10. Be responsible for photography/video decisions, performance, and outcomes.
11. Maintain quality control and a consistent look and feel throughout the production of photo and video assignments.
12. Coordinate with the Production Specialist and Motion Graphic Designer for final outputs.
13. Assist in the implementation of various outreach and communication events, such as, youth engagement activities.
14. Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans, budget, and monitoring work.
15. Undertake field visits to cover/capture programme activities.
16. Provide support to administrative and logistical activities of the division; and
17. Any other work assigned by the orgsanisation.
Special InstructionPlease note that submission of portfolio is mandatory for this position.
Academic Qualification• A Master’s degree with Honours in photography, film/ cinematography or related fields or a combination of a graduation degree and professional diploma in photography, film/ cinematography, or related fields.
• Candidates with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their education need not apply.
Other QualificationMinimum 8 years of experience in videography and photography, preferably in Television/ News organisations/digital platforms/ production houses/agencies etc.
Area of ExperienceCommunication, Videography, Photography, Outreach
Camera Operation, Lighting, Digital Imaging, New technology Adaptation ( lenses and Camera operation), Electronic Image handling, Image manipulation, High-resolution imaging, Resizing, Creative frame composition
Additional Requirement• Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment.
• Professional knowledge on lighting requirements, design, photo framing and different video framing compositions.
• Mastery of Photoshop and other photo editing software.
• Working knowledge of Premiere and other video editing software.
• Knack to get the camera shot in risky situations; Passion for getting the right shot
• Creativity and attention to detail; Flexibility and good listening skills.
• Ability to work under deadline pressure; Patience to wait for the perfect shot; Energy and determination.
• Ability to capture snippets of film and be able to edit it into a cohesive story.
• Knowledge of computerised tape editing software and equipment.
• Understanding of post-production techniques.
• Experience of working in a variety of digital venues with software to edit and finish film work.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work with a highly creative team and openness to constructive feedback.
• Have a positive attitude and hunger for new challenges.
• Manual dexterity, physical mobility, and physical strength/stamina.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late nights and weekends, as required to cover assignments.
• Self-motivation and orientation towards set goals, demonstrating accountability, initiative, creativity and focus in a rapidly changing and intellectually stimulating environment.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment, and to solve problems efficiently.
Additional salary InfoGross salary is Tk. 113,000.00 (Grade: L-3, Step: 1) per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 8 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.