Coordinator – Outreach and Communication
Posted on January 12, 2023
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Coordinator – Outreach and Communication, to be recruited for its new project titled, Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) (January 2022 to December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project and will remain reportable to the Director- Outreach and Communication.
ResponsibilitiesPlanning and implementation of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach:
• Take a leading role in developing and implementing communication strategies that promote communication, outreach, and advocacy of TIB’s research and policy, civic engagement, training and capacity building, knowledge management, membership programs, and social movement building.
• Improve the quality and quantity of TIB’s media and communications work, including increasing the number and quality of press releases, strengthening links with journalists, increasing the number of interviews, raising TIB’s profile in the national and international media, and publicizing products of TIB’s research, including policy papers and reports.
• Maintain a consistent brand and voice in all TIB’s communications.
• Work to identify media opportunities and implement media campaigns around key programs and issues.
• Manage the data driven multi-platform content generation strategy and explore data pool and sets to generate advocacy stories for social and behavioural change.
• Develop and maintain contacts with policy makers and government officials, NGOs, journalists, and other stakeholders and seize communication and outreach opportunities as well as navigate risks and challenges.
• Regularly scrutinize progress and report on the effectiveness of outreach and communications activities towards proper implementation of the project.
Content development and management, and design and maintenance of organisational website, and other communications vehicles:
• Ensure that basic internal and external communications tools are in place including continued excellence of TIB’s website; managing updates, developing simple formats and consistent branding for TIB’s publications; developing tools for communication and dissemination of TIB’s work; designing a simple, unified electronic filing system; and managing ICT and other related service contracts to ensure effective support.
• Draft, edit, and/or release communication materials, including media statements, newsletters, press releases, fact sheets, blog posts, briefers, social media content, toolkits, how-to guides, sector-specific primers, video production, among other collaterals.
• Manage and support the development of all print and electronic materials, including:
Monthly/quarterly e-newsletters for external audience, members, partners, and other stakeholders.
Annual reports, success stories and other good practice documentation designed to promote TIB and its work to stakeholders and the wider audience.
Report templates, infographics, and other visual representations of TIB’s work.
Marketing, development, and solicitation materials as needed.
Event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage.
• Lead the generation of online content (creation and curation) that ensures TIB’s online presence is dynamic, relevant and mission driven.
• Serve as the team Point of Contact for the distribution of printed materials.
Management of outreach and communications efforts:
• Coordinate and manage all communications projects (e.g., editorial calendars, campaigns, Google AdWords, branding initiatives, etc.), including setting timelines, assigning roles, facilitating meetings, and liaising with external stakeholders as needed.
• Lead on design, planning and management of programme and advocacy events from a communications perspective (with logistical support from other staff).
• Propose and implement outreach activities with public participation, such as roundtables, panel discussions, and joint events with partners and stakeholders.
Media and public information liaison:
• Guide and supervise relevant staff on development and maintenance of media contacts and lists as well as strengthen relations and the handling of media and public relations inquiries.
• Draft and distribute media advisories, news releases and other materials and design and organize media events, as appropriate, to promote organizational/programme activities.
• Support the implementation of strategies to increase the capacity of the media to report on corruption, investigation techniques, including investigative journalism workshops, training and other programs.
• Provide timely strategic advice and creative solutions for dealing with sensitive communications issues and stories.
• Undertake field visits as and when necessary.
Team supervision and management
• Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Outreach and Communication division and provide support and capacity-building to staff to transform the unit into a system.
• Manage staff, including recruitment, preparation of job descriptions, performance evaluation, developing operational work plans and troubleshooting as appropriate.
• Any other work assigned by the orgsanisation
Special InstructionPlease read the full advertisement before apply.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s degree with Honours in a relevant field (governance and development, journalism, broadcasting or communications, or other relevant subject).
• Candidates with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their public examinations need not apply.
Other Qualification• A minimum of 8 years' relevant experience in the development or media sectors, preferably both, with at least 5 years in managerial position and 2 years in editorial position.
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Candidates with knowledge and experience of work in governance and anti-corruption work will be given preference.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Bangla, both written and oral presentation capacity with special attention to details, accuracy, audience and strong news judgment, and basic computer knowledge and word processing skills in both Bangla and English.
• Proven track record of executing high-quality advocacy and communications work in challenging environment.
• Ability to understand governance, economic, social, political, environmental, and technological issues and translate them into creative narratives.
• Proficiency at generating data driven stories, infographics, and other innovative communication materials.
• Ability to develop compelling stories and deliver them in smart user-friendly formats.
• Proficiency at using and managing multiple social media platforms.
• Working knowledge of digital content generation tools and software.
• Knowledge of and ability to assess and apply technology to perform the requirements of the position; ability to effectively utilize a variety of computer software applications, which may include but are not limited to e-mail, Internet, word processing, electronic calendar, presentation development, spreadsheet, database, etc.; willingness to stay up-to-date and develop skills as needed with or without direct supervisory support.
• Ability to learn continually, think strategically, and provide leadership that is values- and vision-driven. Ability to work in a team and openness to constructive feedback, and capacity to work in coordination and collaboration with other streams of work across the organization covered by the project.
• Experience of implementing such programmes in strict budgetary constraints ensuring value for money subject to periodic review and adjustments.
• Strong time management skills in multi-tasking imperatives with ability to prioritise complex and at times competing goals.
• Ability to trouble shoot and address/solve problems independently and/or jointly as appropriate.
• Experience in maintain positive relationships with a range of local and international partners, including relevant policy and government authorities, civil society, media and other stakeholders, including those with differing agendas.
• Commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and promoted.
Additional salary InfoGrade: 6, Level: L-2, Step: 1, Gross Monthly Salary: Taka 1,63,224.00 , plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 28 Jan 2023
- Full time
- 8 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.