Posted on May 25, 2023
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Executive Assistant, to be recruited for Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) Project (January 2022 to December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project and will remain reportable to the Executive Director (ED)/Deputy Executive Director (DED).
ResponsibilitiesThe Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Office consisting of ED/DED/ Advisor Executive Management (AEM) and the Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing schedules, coordinating meetings, and ensuring that all necessary materials and information are available for the ED/DED/ AEM and the Board of Trustees. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees' correspondence and communications, preparing reports, and maintaining records.
• Coordinate and manage the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees' calendars, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
• Prepare and distribute meeting agendas, minutes, and supporting materials for the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees meetings.
• Manage and respond to the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees' correspondence, including emails, letters, and phone calls. This may involve screening and prioritizing messages, drafting responses, and following up on requests.
• Prepare and edit reports, presentations, and other documents as requested by the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees.
• Attend meetings and take minutes as requested by the ED/DED/AEM's and Board of Trustees.
• Establish/maintain a clear and direct line of communication between the ED/DED/AEM and divisional Directors including regular meetings, emails, phone calls, or messaging platforms.
• Coordinate travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and transportation. This may also involve arranging meetings and events, booking venues, and coordinating catering services.
• Perform general administrative tasks including managing/supporting administrative functions of the Executive Office.
• Ensure that the Executive Office has the necessary resources and supplies, such as office equipment, stationary, and other materials needed to carry out administrative tasks.
Special InstructionPlease read the full advertisement carefully before applying.
Academic Qualification• Master’s degree in business administration, management, Arts, Social Science, Social Welfare, Development Studies or any other related discipline.
• Candidates with a 3rd Division/Class or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 and 3 on a scale of 5 at any stage of academic life need not apply.
Other Qualification• At least 6 years of work experience in relevant work of which at least 3 years in a renowned national/international organization.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills, oral and written, in both English and Bangla.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Experience in national and/or international organizations will be an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoGrade: 02, Level: 01, Step: 01, Gross monthly salary: 80,576.00 plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 10 Jun 2023
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.