Deputy Coordinator – Procurement
Posted on February 8, 2024
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator – Procurement, to be recruited for its project titled, Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) (upto December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project. This position is reportable to the Coordinator - Finance & Administration.
Responsibilities• Act as focal person to process procurement and ensure compliance with procurement policy and procedures. Ensure procurement process is followed completely in all sort of procurement. Procure different project materials, office supplies, workshop supplies/materials for Dhaka and Field Offices;
• Lead, supervise and monitor procurement related to implementation of the project; ensure effective teamwork, regular mentoring, counselling of Assistant Coordinator – Procurement;
• Initiate and follow-up procurement process in terms of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures, order processing, collecting quotations and other purchasing activities, invoicing and delivery of goods to requestors. Also takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors;
• Act as Member Secretary of Procurement Committee, convene procurement meetings. Prepare comparative statements/bid summaries and/or note for record in applicable cases; negotiate with vendors/service providers for quality of goods and services at reasonable price and present proposals for approval from relevant authority in the organization;
• Ensure compliance of Tax and VAT regulations in terms of procurement;
• Development of RFQ for procurement of goods and services at the time of procurement through tendering;
• Prepare and Issue work order to the selected vendor (s):
• Ensure receipt of goods/services as per Work Order/contract. Provide recommendation for processing payment. Ensure that invoice along with all relevant supporting documents are submitted to Treasury Unit for processing payment;
• Ensure that Frame Work Agreement (FWA) is prepared with applicable vendors. Oversee the entire process is completed in a compliant way in timely manner;
• Ensure safe custody of procurement process documents. Develop and maintain a systematic way of document preservation and made available to auditors and or reviewers;
• Facilitate enlistment of vendors/service providers, arrange orientation/briefing meeting for the vendors/service providers as and when necessary;
• Maintain a database of regular vendors/service providers, potential vendors/service providers. Keep updated information of vendors/service providers to ensure procurement of regular and new items within procurement lead time and even on emergency basis;
• Assist Internal/External Auditors or Reviewers and make documents available for their review. Answer queries of reviewers and provide response on Audit/Review observations. Taken action to implement recommendations of management against audit/review observations; and
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the organization.
Academic Qualification• Master’s degree, preferably in Business, Business Administration, Public Administration, and other related subjects; Candidates with professional degree such Diploma/Master’s in Procurement & Supply Chain Management will be given preference;
• At least 6 years of work experience in Procurement/Administration, of which at least 3 years in supervisory capacity in the relevant field in a renowned national/international organization;
• Candidates with a third division or a GPA below 2 in SSC/HSC or a CGPA below 2.5 as applicable, need not apply;
Other Qualification• Proven experience of leading, supervising and monitoring procurement functions of donor-funded project implementation;
• Efficient management skills including inspirational teamwork, task assignment and task- delivery tracking;
• Applicants must have knowledge about relevant Government Rules and Regulations adequate and updated knowledge on Tax and VAT;
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and excellent communication skills both oral and written, in Bangla and English;
• Applicants must have sound computer skills, especially competency in ERP software operation, good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of spreadsheet (Excel) and MS Power Point; and
• Experience of working in organizations in the field of governance/anti-corruption shall be considered as an added advantage.
Additional salary Info
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 24 Feb 2024
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.