Posted on February 8, 2024
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Research Associate, to be recruited for its project titled, Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability (PACTA) (upto December 2026). Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project. This position is reportable to the Research Fellow.
Responsibilities• Conduct/assist research as a member of a team responsible for specific research projects/assignments;
• Contribute to developing research concepts, methodologies, tools, techniques and processes of data collection;
• Collect primary and secondary data for research as and when required;
• Supervise and monitor field-level data collection, ensure authenticity and objectivity of the data as and when appropriate;
• Develop data analysis plan and analyse collected data;
• Provide training on data collection to field enumerators/short term staff appointed from time to time;
• Write research reports and/or contribute to research report writing in Bangla and English, prepare and make power-point presentations of research findings;
• Draft policy briefs/position papers based on research findings
• Assist in developing and updating creative, innovative and effective designs for policy research;
• The position is Dhaka-based. However, the Research Associate must have no hesitation to undertake frequent research-related field visits as needed;
• Perform any other relevant task/s assigned by the organisation.
Academic Qualification• Masters with Honours at the Bachelor’s level, preferably in a subject from the Social Science discipline (in subjects like Economics, Sociology, Public Administration, International Relations, Law, Development Studies, and Statistics, etc., with at least 6 (six) years of experience in empirical research, particularly with experience in quantitative analysis of survey data in a reputed organisation;
• Candidates with a third division or a GPA below 2 in SSC/HSC or a CGPA below 2.5 as applicable, need not apply;
Other Qualification• Experience of research on governance and anti-corruption issues, including climate change, climate finance and/or environment-related issues will be given preference;
• Working experience in organisation/s with a governance and anti-corruption focus will be an added advantage;
• Experience in large-scale survey-based data collection using open-source application like KoBo and Google format etc., will be an added advantage;
• Good command on data management and data analysis by using computer software, especially Access, SPSS/STATA, and/or Atlas.ti/Nvivo etc.;
Area of Experience
See details in Additional Requirement
Additional Requirement• Sound computer skills, for data processing and analysis as well as good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, etc. are essential;
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, both in Bangla and English are necessary.
Additional salary Info
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 24 Feb 2024
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.