Research Fellow, Climate Finance Governance (CFG)
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Research Fellow (CFG), to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project, and will remain reportable to the Senior Research Fellow (CFG).
Responsibilities• Assist in the assessment and prioritisation of research needs of the organisation;
• Play a key role in developing research concepts, methodologies, tools, techniques and processes of data collection;
• Conduct independent research, produce research reports, make public presentations, and present research papers in external fora;
• Play a key role in large scale quantitative surveys starting from the design stage to implementation (designing survey tools, planning field operations, training field surveyors/staff , supervising /coordinating data collection, analyzing data, and report writing);
• Assist in ensuring inclusion of qualitative insights in the analysis of large scale quantitative data extracted from community monitoring, official database of the government and different national and international research and development agencies;
• Guide/supervise Research Associates in analysing field data and visualizing corruption and mal-governance by using qualitative data visualization tools;
• Prepare policy briefs/position papers and policy advocacy plans on the basis of research findings;
• Provide guidance to and supervise the team/researchers who are assigned to him/her;
• Supervise and guide Interns and volunteers in their transcriptions and analysis of interviews and focus group findings; guide and train them in the analysis of data for purposes of policy development and guide and train in the development of policy briefs and recommendations.
• Provide assistance in planning, designing and implementing activities of the Research & Policy (R&P) division;
• Assist in developing and updating creative, innovative and effective designs of policy research;
• Prepare draft periodic reports on implementation of the R&P component of the project;
• The position is Dhaka-based. However, the Research Fellow must have no hesitation to undertake research-related field visits as and when required.
• Perform any other relevant task assigned by the organization.
Academic Qualification• Masters with Honours at Bachelor’s level preferably in a relevant subject (Social Science subjects like Economics, Sociology, Public Administration, International Relations, Development Studies etc., Urban Planning, Geography and Environment, and Statistics etc.) with at least 8 (eight) years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research, of which at least 3 (three) years equivalent to Research Associate or above position in the field of environment and climate finance governance.
• Candidates having with a 3rd Division or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4, or 3 on a scale of 5, at any stage of their education need not apply.
Other Qualification• Significant knowledge about quantitative and qualitative (case studies, participatory observation, FGD/GD/KI, etc.) research tools and techniques; practical experience in application of data collection tools and techniques (e.g., KoBo toolbox) and experience of using analytical tools and programming language such as SPSS/STATA/R; ATLAS.Ti etc. would be treated as an extra advantage.
• Experience of research on national integrity institutions (NIS), diagnostic studies, and household surveys would be an added advantage. Applicants should have a good understanding of governance, corruption and development related issues in Bangladesh.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, both in Bangla and English. *
• Sound computer skills, for quantitative data processing and analysis as well as good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Leadership, supervisory, multi-tasking, communication, staff management and problem solving skills and capacity.
Area of ExperienceReport writing, Train supervise and manage staff, Public Presentation, Policy Advocacy, Governance corruption and development issues, Environment and climate finance governance, Manage field operation, Data management and analysis, Qualitative and quantitative research
Leadership team building and professionalism, Multi-tasking and problem solving capacity, Excellent written and spoken Bangla and English, Use of MS Word Power Point, Qualitative tools and methods, Case studies participatory observation FGD/GD/KI, Kobo Toolbox Google format
Additional Requirement• Experience in an anti-corruption organization will be an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 3, Gross Salary – 113,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 8 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.