Coordinator – Information Technology (IT)
Posted on January 4, 2021
This position is responsible for leading, supervising, monitoring, and providing proper guidance to the IT team of TIB to run the smooth operation of entire IT and network systems, software development, and ensure ICT compliance. S/he should have sound knowledge of big data technologies, cloud server administration, network and system administration & virtualization, Active Directory and Disaster recovery services, ICT risk assessment, and overall service management.
TIB is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Coordinator – IT, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB's core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project, and will remain reportable to the Executive Director/ Deputy Executive Director.
Responsibilities• Provide leadership to the IT unit and coordinate system, network, development, and people to meet the organizational goal and strategy.
• Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all IT staff.
• Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
• Promote best practices in the ICT system of TIB.
• Plan, develop, and implement the ICT budget, obtain a competitive price from suppliers to ensure cost-effectiveness.
• Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that ICT facilities meet these needs
• Ensure the integrity and continual operation of the IT systems and network
• Ensure the continual functioning of mission-critical operations
• Ensure security and privacy of the information and communication systems
• Ensure all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
• Ensure proper tracking of IT equipment inventory, audit the systems, and assess their outcome
• Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software
• Ensures the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, and email provision
• Respond to, manage, and resolve complex technical hardware or software problems
• Maintains the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
• Perform any other task as assigned by the authority.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology or any other related subjects.
• Certification on CCNA/MCSE/RHCSA/ITIL/PRINCE2/PMP/CISA/COBIT5 is preferable.
• Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their education need not apply.
Other Qualification• Sound knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
• Working knowledge of System Administration on Windows and Linux platforms.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including SharePoint, strongly preferred.
• Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Staffing, Problem Solving, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, and Quality Management.
• Experienced in users' help desk services, IT support, LAN administration, Computer Hardware & Software troubleshooting.
• Solid understanding of VPN, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Virtualization, Firewall, Cloud Computing and Big data technology.
• Solid knowledge of ICT vulnerabilities, anti-hacking, IT safeguarding, IT service management, IT risk assessment, ICT Compliance, etc.
Area of ExperienceIT service management, IT support, ICT management
System Administration on Windows and Linux platform, User's help desk services, LAN administration, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Virtualization, Firewall, Cloud computing and Big data, ICT vulnerabilities, Anti-hacking, IT safeguarding, IT service management, IT risk assessment, Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Technical Management, IT support, VPN, Big data, System Administration, ICT Compliance
Additional Requirement• Minimum ten (10) years of hands-on experience is required in ICT management;
• The successful candidate should possess excellent managerial and project management skills
• Applicants must have excellent communication skill (both oral and written, in Bangla and English), good interpersonal skill.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 2, Gross Salary 1,45,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 10 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.