Deputy Coordinator – Information Technology (IT)
Posted on January 4, 2021
This position is responsible to manage and maintain the entire ICT infrastructure of TIB including Data Center, Email System, Intranet and Cloud environment. S/he should have sound knowledge on big data technologies, cloud server administration, network and system administration & virtualization, Active Directory and Disaster recovery services, ICT risk assessment and service management.
TIB is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator – IT, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project, and will remain reportable to the Coordinator – IT.
Responsibilities• Plan, implement, support and monitor system automation.
• Develop a comprehensive ICT plan that will address risk management and contingency.
• Contribute to prepare annual IT plan & budget, guidelines, IT relevant documents and provide orientation on IT systems to new staff.
• Manage and maintain "Microsoft Office 365" suit including Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, yammer, etc.
• Manage and maintain "Enterprise-level Cloud Computing Environment" to run cloud-based application and ERP.
• Maintain data centre (DC-DR based) and the entire IT infrastructure including servers, workstations, networking switches, wireless devices, routers and firewalls, network-attached storage (NAS), LAN and other IT resources.
• Manage network-related services including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Mail (SMTP & POP), Squid (Proxy), HTTP, FTP, printing, data share, remote access, VMWARE, etc.
• Provide appropriate support to system and network security to protect against unauthorized access and keep the existing system up to date.
• Ensure regular data backup & disaster recovery process and manage crisis situations which may involve complex technical issues on hardware or software.
• Provide appropriate desk's IT support and advice to end-users.
• Install and configure servers and workstations as and when required.
• Configure and troubleshooting of hardware, software, and networking components.
• Travel as needed or requested to field offices to help address IT related service or support.
• Perform any other task as assigned by the authority.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology or any other related subjects.
• Certification on CCNA/MCSE/RHCSA/ITIL/PRINCE2 is preferable.
• Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of their education need not to apply.
Other Qualification• Minimum eight (08) years of hands-on experience is required for ICT management.
• Sound knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
• The successful candidate should be adept in implementing (coding) as well as should be a good manager.
• Working knowledge of System Administration on Windows and Linux platform.
• Experienced in users' help desk services, LAN administration, Computer Hardware & Software troubleshooting.
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Virtualization, Firewall, Cloud Computing and Big data.
• Solid knowledge of ICT vulnerabilities, anti-hacking, IT safeguarding, IT service management, IT risk assessment, etc.
Professional CertificationCCNA, MCSE, RHCSA, ITIL, PRINCE2
Area of ExperienceUser's help desk services, Computer Hardware & Software troubleshooting, ICT vulnerabilities, IT safeguarding, IT service management, IT risk assessment, System Administration, ICT management
Communication, Cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation, LAN administration, Computer Hardware & Software troubleshooting, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Virtualization, Firewall, Anti-hacking, VPN, Coding
Additional Requirement• Experience in anti-corruption movement will be added advantages.
• Applicants must have excellent communication skill (both oral and written, in Bangla and English), good interpersonal skill.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L3, Gross Salary 1,13000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 8 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.