Deputy Coordinator – Finance & Accounts (Field Office Support)
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator - Finance & Accounts (Field Office Support), to be recruited initially for the period upto December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project. This position is reportable to the Coordinator - Finance & Administration.
Responsibilities• Act as the frontline controller of Financial and Administrative activities of Field Offices. Manage disbursement/expenses for field offices remotely and enter into the ERP (accounting system);
• Accumulate the expenditure of field offices on the ERP/Apps and link to the payment system and maintain relevant documents;
• Provide guidance to Field Offices and play a vital role in the preparation of budgets for field offices - yearly/half-yearly, budgetary control and budget realignment, as necessary;
• Ensure that expenditures are incurred in line with budgets during programme implementation;
• Ensure availability of adequate fund in the bank A/Cs of Field Offices. Initiate fund requisition to maintain fund flow in Field Offices as required for delivery of the programme;
• Ensure that Field Offices comply VAT and Tax regulations;
• Review and ensure the accuracy of monthly financial statements of Field Offices and record expenditure/payments in appropriate budget/account heads into the ERP system;
• Provide guidance to ensure field office petty cash, cheque book, registers, financial and administrative documents, furniture & equipment etc. are safeguarded;
• Assist in the review of financial and administrative management policies, manuals and suggest the management to update the same as and when necessary;
• Keep Field Offices updated on Financial & Administrative policies, procedures. Instruct Field Offices on Financial & Administrative issues through email/office memo etc. Clarify Field Offices relevant policies and procedures as and when required;
• Keep Field Offices under regular monitoring through visit and surveillance of financial and administrative activities. provide guidance to Field Office Staff and enhance their capacity on financial and administrative management issues through attending cluster meeting and arranging training/orientation/workshop etc.;
• Spend adequate time (at/around 50%) at Field Offices to ensure compliance of relevant policies and procedures, and maintain liaison with concerned divisions/units of the organisation to ensure financial and administrative support to field offices;
• Assist Internal/External Auditors or Reviewers and make documents available for their review. Answer queries of reviewers and provide response on Audit/Review observations. Taken action to implement recommendations of management against audit/review observations; and
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the organization.
Academic Qualification• Master’s degree in, Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Administration and other related subjects; Professional degree such as ACA/ACMA will be given preference;
• Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of public examination need not apply.
Other Qualification• At least 6 years of work experience in Finance and Accounts of which at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity in the relevant field in a renowned national/international organization;
• Proven experience of leading, supervising and monitoring Finance and Accounts functions of donor-funded project implementation;
• Efficient management skills including inspirational teamwork, task assignment and task- delivery tracking;
• Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and excellent communication skills both oral and written, in Bangla and English;
• Proven knowledge and hands-on experience of compliance of relevant Government Rules and Regulations as well as International Financial Reporting Standards.
Area of ExperienceFinance and Accounts, Handling day to day finance and accounting
Communication, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Report writing, Computer literacy, International Financial Reporting, Tax, VAT, ERP software operation, Have knowledge about financial transaction and Generally Accepted Accounting Principal (GAAP) & Bangladesh Accounting Standard (BAS) and procurement Process;
Additional Requirement• Sound computer skills, especially competencies in IT-based accounting methods including ERP software operation; good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of spreadsheet (Excel) and MS PowerPoint; and
• Experience of working in organizations in the field of governance/anti-corruption shall be considered as an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 3, Gross Salary 1,13,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.