Assistant Coordinator – Finance & Accounts (Assets and Staff Benefits Funds Management)
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Assistant Coordinator – Finance & Accounts (Assets and Staff benefits funds management), to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project. This is reportable to the Deputy Coordinator - Finance & Accounts.
Responsibilities• Act as the focal person in maintaining staff compensation and benefits accounting - Provident Fund (PF), Gratuity Fund (GF). Process PF loan applications for staff and ensure recovery from monthly salary;
• Process final settlement of PF and GF of outgoing staff;
• Make monthly provisions of PF and GF and maintain the record in PF and GF Modules of ERP system. Reconcile PF and GF receivable and payable from all projects. Ensure collection of PF and GF receivables from project accounts;
• Analyze investment opportunities, identify and propose potential financial institutions to earn maximum interest with minimum risk;
• Act as secretary of TIB-PF Trustee Board and TIB-GF Trustee Board. Ensure regular meetings of TIB-PF Trustee Board and TIB-GF Trustee Board are held; Draft meeting minutes and circulate to all staff after finalization;
• Prepare monthly PF/GF and periodical financial statements for members and facilitate internal and external auditors;
• Coordinate and liaison maintain with Tax commissioner/ NBR for any approval, changes or revision of Trust deed and Trust rules regarding PF or GF;
• Act as the focal person of maintaining Fixed Assets Records. Maintain Fixed Assets Module in ERP system. Collect asset details from the system & other sources, classify and verify data and enter into the ERP System;
• Record depreciation of assets in the Fixed Assets Module of ERP System. Record movement of assets in the Fixed Assets Module of ERP System;
• Record relevant transactions in the ERP system and ensure management approval in a timely manner;
• Initiate the process of periodical physical verification of Fixed Assets;
• Ensure coverage of loss/reduction of loss due to incidents through taking an appropriate insurance policy for Fixed Assets;
• Initiate and prepare disposable assets list as and when required;
• Assist in preparation of monthly bills for cell phone and internet usage etc. Assist in calculation of overtime pay for service staff;
• Ensure compliance of relevant policies and procedures of TIB, donors, and Financial Reporting Standards etc. Suggest management for revision/formulation of policies/procedures for effective management of PF, GF and Fixed Assets;
• Keep all relevant records in a systematic way. Ensure safe custody of financial records; and
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the organization.
Academic Qualification• Master’s degree in, Accounting, Finance, Business, Business Administration and other related subjects; Professional degree such as CA or CMA part qualified will be given preference;
• Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of public examination need not apply
Other Qualification• Proven experience of handling and monitoring Finance and Accounts functions of donor-funded project implementation;
• Applicants should have skills on inspirational teamwork, task assignment and task- delivery tracking;
• Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and excellent communication skills both oral and written, in Bangla and English;
• Proven knowledge and hands-on experience of compliance of relevant Government Rules and Regulations as well as International Financial Reporting Standards.
Area of ExperienceIT-based accounting, Finance and Accounts, International Financial Reporting, Donor funded project
Communication, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Computer literacy, ERP (accountiong) system, Provident Fund, Gratuity Fund
Additional Requirement• At least 4 years of work experience in Finance and Accounts in a renowned national/international organization;
• Sound computer skills, especially competencies in IT-based accounting methods including ERP software operation; good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of spreadsheet (Excel) and MS PowerPoint; and
• Experience of working in organizations in the field of governance/anti-corruption shall be considered as an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 3.2, Grade – 2, Gross Salary 72,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 4 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.