Assistant Coordinator – Procurement
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Assistant Coordinator – Procurement, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project. This is reportable to the Deputy Coordinator – Procurement.
Responsibilities• Facilitate procurement of Goods and Services and ensure that the work/product meets the requirements and/or standards of the concerned programme/ division and follow up on the total process;
• Assist in the enlistment of vendors/service providers and provide orientations to them on TIB's procurement process as and when necessary;
• Act as a team member in the finalization of Frame Work Agreement (FWA) with selected vendors;
• Receive Purchase Requisition (PR). Explore vendor/service provider within enlisted/non-enlisted vendors/service providers to issue Request For Quotation (RFQ) or to issue Work Order;
• Assist in the development of RFQ for procurement of goods and services at the time of procurement through open tendering;
• Comply with Tax and VAT regulations relevant to procurement;
• Organize procurement meetings and prepare meeting minutes;
• Negotiate with vendors/service providers for quality goods and service at a reasonable price as and when required;
• Prepare a note for record in applicable cases to select vendor/service provider;
• Issue Work Order/initiate contract with vendors/service providers. Ensure timely receipt of goods/service and deliver goods to concerned programme staff. Receive invoices from vendors/service providers. Accumulate relevant documents with an invoice and submit to the Treasury Unit for payment;
• Maintain relevant registers and keep procurement process documents in a systematic way and in safe custody;
• Provide documents to Internal and External Auditors/Reviewers for their review. Provide clarifications as and when required; and
• Any other tasks assigned by the organization.
Academic Qualification• Master’s degree, preferably in Business, Business Administration, Public Administration, and other related subjects; Candidates with a professional degree such Diploma/Master’s in Procurement & Supply Chain Management will be given preference;
• Candidate with 3rd Division or CGPA less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 or 3 on a scale of 5 at any level of public examination need not apply.
Other Qualification• Proven experience of performing, leading, and monitoring procurement functions of donor-funded project implementation;
• Applicants should have skills on inspirational teamwork, task assignment and task- delivery tracking;
• Applicants must have knowledge about relevant Government Rules and Regulations adequate and updated knowledge on Tax and VAT;
• Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and excellent communication skills both oral and written, in Bangla and English;
Area of ExperienceProcurement, Tax, VAT, RFQ developement
Communication, Computer literacy, Documentation, Procurement, Competency in ERP, Negotiation, Regulatory Compliance
Additional Requirement• At least 4 years of work experience in Procurement/Administration in a renowned national/international organization;
• Applicants must have sound computer skills, especially competency in ERP software operation, good word processing skills in both Bangla and English, good command on the use of spreadsheet (Excel) and MS Power Point; and
• Experience of working in organizations in the field of governance/anti-corruption shall be considered as an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 3.2, Grade – 2, Gross Salary 86810.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 4 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.