Coordinator- Human Resources and Organizational Development
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Coordinator- Human Resources and Organizational Development, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years’ subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. This position is reportable to the Deputy Executive Director/Executive Director. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project.
ResponsibilitiesAs a senior member of the Management Support Unit, the Coordinator-Human Resources and Organizational Development will head the HR & OD team under the guidance of the Executive Director / Deputy Executive Director and the Executive Management Team where appropriate. S/he will be responsible for the following:
• Develop the organizational development process and change management according to HR, OD and management strategy, policy, guidelines and manuals e.g. HR policies and procedures, including anti-sexual harassment and safeguarding policies, under guidance from the Executive Management Team (EMT) and ensure proper implementation and dissemination of the same;
• Take necessary measures to ensure that all staff are familiar with organizational policies and they are updated on any changes in a timely and appropriate manner and ensure induction training to new staff and acquaint them with HR policies and procedures;
• Prepare Terms of Reference (ToRs) for recruitment to specific positions and arrange for public advertisements under guidance from EMT. Scrutinize/coordinate the process of scrutinizing all applications and shortlist CVs in line with requirements and specifications mentioned in the ToR/advertisement and arrange written tests and interviews for shortlisted candidates in line with prescribed standards;
• To leverage on HR communication as a tool to increase employee and organizational branding for talent attraction;
• Schedule and monitor the annual evaluation process of all staff, and assist management in completing the appraisal process of respective staff;
• Develop appropriate performance management processes under the guidance from EMT, and facilitate on-going training and coaching of supervisors in the practice of performance management;
• Systematically assess staff development needs, share findings with the EMT, and assist management to address those needs;
• Develop Organizational Development (OD) and Change management strategy and framework in consultation with the EMT;
• Coordinate/play a key role under the guidance of EMT in implementing the OD strategies (leadership, culture, structures, employee, motivation, managing change) and in bringing in innovative ideas and solutions to strengthen strategic plans;
• Handle staff recruitment & selection, transition and separation cases, disciplinary actions/ measures & employee relations, transfer, and separation based on approved standards and procedures;
• Preserve and update personnel files and maintain confidentiality as appropriate;
• Ensure that staff leave & attendance are monitored properly and that adequate back up of the data is preserved;
• Serve as a link between management and staff by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related issues/problems/relevant grievance management; and
• Any other tasks assigned by the management.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Management/Human Resource Management. Professional degree such as MBA/ Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will be given preference;
• Candidates with a 3rd Division/Class or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 and 3 on a scale of 5 at any stage of academic life need not apply.
Other Qualification• Applicants must have at least 8 years of work experience in a relevant field, of which at least 5 years in a managerial capacity in a renowned national/international organization;
• An ideal candidate should have knowledge on application and implementation of the HRBP concept for HR, HR Operations including HRIS and other HR-related systems, Application of OD elements;
• Specialized training in relevant fields of HR management will be an added advantage;
• An ideal candidate should have leadership, supervision, communication and staff management capacity. Integrity, team building and attachment of high value to professionalism are some of the attributes expected in the candidate;
• Although the position is Dhaka-based, the selected candidate must be prepared to undertake field visits as and when necessary.
Training CoursesHR management
Area of ExperienceHR Operations, Organizational Development, Human Resources Management, Performance Management, Recruitment & Selection, Change management, Organisational Policy
Leadership, Communication, HRBP concept, HR Operations, HRIS, Staff management capacity, Computer literacy, Talent Strategy Leave Policy and Staff orientation about PMS related project, Communication coordination and networking, HRMS, Grievance redressal, Policy Compliance, Safeguarding, Talent acquisition, Talent Management
Additional Requirement• S/he must be comfortable working with people of diverse age-groups with various social, economic, professional, and /or cross-cultural identities.
• Sound computer skills that include good word processing skills both in Bangla and English, good command on the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.;
• Experience in an anti-corruption organization will be an added advantage.
Additional salary InfoLevel – L 2, Gross Salary - 1,45,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 8 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.