Deputy Coordinator- Executive Support
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator- Executive Support, to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years’ subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. This position is reportable to the Deputy Executive Director/Executive Director. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project.
Responsibilities• The ES shall organise and maintain the offices of the ED/DED/AEM and to that end undertake a variety of administrative tasks.
• Maintain ED, DED/AEM’s diary for meetings and appointments with internal and external stakeholders;
• Organize meetings including Board meetings etc. on ED/DED/AEM’s advice;
• Attend staff and other divisional meetings when required and keep notes;
• Liaison with members of the Board of Trustees and coordinate their travel, attendance and participation at Board meetings. Prepare meeting files for Board members prior to every meeting;
• Receive and screen incoming phone calls and redirecting them to ED/DED/AEM when and as appropriate;
• Handle, scrutinize and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, courier packages etc.) addressed to the ED/DED/AEM;
• Implement new procedures and administrative systems on par with the rest of the office;
• Liaison with relevant organizations and stakeholders on behalf of ED/DED/AEM;
• Coordinate and handle travel arrangements including visa applications/appointments where necessary and related processes including travel-related bills or expenses on behalf of ED/DED/AEM. This is applicable for both national and international travel;
• Handle and preserve confidential documents on the advice of ED/DED/AEM;
• Prepare write-ups and/or notes on specific issues on the advice of ED/DED/AEM;
• Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and professionalism required of an executive support professional; and
• Any other task assigned by the organisation.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Arts, Social Science, social welfare, Development Studies or any other related discipline.
• Candidates with a 3rd Division/Class or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 and 3 on a scale of 5 at any stage of academic life need not apply;
• At least 6 years of work experience in relevant work of which at least 3 years in a renowned national/international organization.
Other Qualification• Applicants must have sound communication skills, oral and written, in both English and Bangla;
• Applicants must possess negotiation and trust building skills and be able to work in a team when necessary;
• Sound computer skills that include good word processing skills both in Bangla and English, good command on the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
• Experience in an anti-corruption organization will be an added advantage.
Area of ExperienceExecutive Support
Communication, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Inter-personal relationship and communication, Report writing, Computer literacy, Negotiation and trust building, Documentation, Travel arrangements, Correspondence
Additional Requirement• Discretion, diplomacy, intuitiveness and integrity are fundamental attributes for this position. Applicant must have the capacity to take quick but prudent decisions in response to a given situation;
• Applicants must have computer literacy and the ability to use standard software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, PowerPoint) and to learn other programmes if required;
• Applicants must be accustomed to multi-tasking when necessary.
Additional salary InfoLevel: L-3, Gross salary: 1,13,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.