Deputy Coordinator- Internal Audit
Posted on January 4, 2021
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is inviting applications from Bangladeshi Nationals for the position of Deputy Coordinator (Manager Internal Audit), to be recruited initially for the period up to December 2021, and subsequently for additional five years’ subject to due completion of the necessary approval processes. This position is reportable to the Deputy Executive Director/Executive Director. Upon joining, the incumbent will be regarded as a member of the team for TIB’s core project, BIBEC (Building Integrity Blocks for Effective Change), and from January 2022 for PACTA (Participatory Action against Corruption: Towards Transparency and Accountability), the new core project.
Responsibilities• Develop and present an annual internal audit plan with reference to the risk management framework to the Audit Committee for their approval;
• Develop and maintain the Internal Audit Procedures to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that the audits address specific areas of risk management;
• Execute Internal Audit change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, audit technology and Audit Committee reporting;
• Execute individual audits of Head office and field offices outside Dhaka defined in the annual audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction and make recommendations for ensuring the highest standard of financial and project management system;
• Issue all Internal Audit Reports ensuring that reports are clear, concise, and identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately add value to organizational management.
• Report to the Audit Committee ensuring that the Trustees are aware of the key findings and the actions being taken to resolve any areas of concern audit findings and recommendations;
• Agree on action plan necessary to implement the audit recommendations with the Director/s of relevant department/s;
• Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention;
• Contribute to the design and development of internal audit tools, audit programmes and processes;
• Provide guidance and orientation to new and related staff members to ensure risk-free and high-quality financial management and internal control;
• Periodically review the accuracy, consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting and procurement process and system;
• Conduct periodic review of the progress of project implementation consistent with the annual plan and budget;
• Ensure that risk register is properly maintained and Risk Management Committee present outcome of the risk register to the Finance and Audit Committee as well as to the full Board of Trustees;
• Ensure that risk register structure is updated to make sure feedback from relevant stakeholders is taken into consideration and they are made aware of any changes and major risk areas in relation to TIB’s operational and strategic management are considered;
• Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the authority.
Academic Qualification• Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Business or Business Administration (Accounting) from a recognized university;
• Applicants should have completed at least CA course from a reputed CA firm and partly qualified for Professional Level-1/ Knowledge Level/ Certificate Level from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB), Professional degree such as ACA/ACMA will be given preference;
• Candidates with a 3rd Division/Class or a CGPA of less than 2.5 on a scale of 4 and 3 on a scale of 5 at any stage of academic life need not apply.
Other Qualification• Applicants must ideally be conversant with systems of internal control, financial management and administrative management, rapport building, teamwork and managerial skills;
• Applicants must have excellent skills in communication in Bangla and English, both oral and written;
• Applicants must have significant knowledge about Government Regulations relevant to Tax, VAT and NGOAB;
• Applicants must have sound computer literacy (MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and knowledge about software-based accounting system;
• Applicants must have experience in risk appraisal and management techniques and also in the design of risk-based Internal Audit programme.
Area of ExperienceKnowledge about Government Regulations relevant to TAX VAT and NGOAB, Internal Audit, Financial management and internal control, Have knowledge about financial transaction and Generally Accepted Accounting Principal (GAAP) & Bangladesh Accounting Standard (BAS) and procurement Process;, Organisational Policy
Communication, Report writing, Computer literacy, Software based accounting system, Fraud investigations, Analytical skill, Regulatory Compliance, Policy Compliance
Additional Requirement• Applicants must have at least 6 years of work experience in a field that is directly related to Internal Audit in an organization having branch/field offices and where s/he has served a minimum 3 years in a managerial capacity;
• Applicants must have planning & analytical skills, practical experience in fraud investigations;
• Applicants must be proactive, co-operative and a supportive team player;
• Applicants must have the ability to work within tight deadlines.
Additional salary InfoLevel: L-3, Gross salary: 1,13,000.00 per month plus other benefits as per relevant rules of TIB. Income tax is payable by TIB staff, deductible at source.
Other BenefitsAnnual performance-based increment, Cost of living adjustment, Contributory provident fund, Gratuity, Festival allowance and Insurance etc.
- Total Vacancy
- Job Type
- Job Level
- Work Place
- Job Circular
- 18 Jan 2021
- Full time
- 6 years
TIB follows an equal opportunity policy and actively encourages diversity welcoming applications from all especially women, ethnic, religious and other minorities and people with disability. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Any attempt at persuasion is treated as disqualification. If an applicant has an immediate family member in any capacity at TIB, s/he must proactively and clearly disclose it. Such candidates can be employed in TIB only by a special approval of the Board of Trustees, even if duly qualified in the competitive selection process.
TIB strictly observes a policy of zero tolerance to corruption and sexual abuse/harassment and all employees are committed to observe TIB’s Code of Ethics.